Hi Beth:

I suggest that you not use kw=3 as that will make these background subtraction oscillations worse.

Another thing you can try is to cut down the high end of your spline range to 13, then 12.5 and see if that makes it behave a bit better. I find that it helps a lot when the data is a bit noisy or there is a slightly wavy background. I also look at the FT to see how the background spline is doing.

Carlo