Hi Sri,

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 3:17 PM sri tapaswi <sritapaswi2...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>       I am using the following link to install Demeter from the source
> code.
> http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/documents/SinglePage/installation.html
>
>       In step-1, when I do "./configure", it gives an error that says
> "could not find TERMCAP Libraries : 'make' will fail". Through internet
> sources, I found that, I require ncurses5 library because termcap library
> is obsolete for my version of Ubuntu i.e. Ubuntu 18.04 and also found that
> ncurses5 was already installed in my distribution. In this context, please
> guide me on the way forward to solve this problem.

I would definitely not bother to try to build or install PGPLOT.   Even
when using Ifeffit, Demeter does not use PGPLOT.    I am not certain
Ifeffit will build on Ubuntu 18.04 without some fiddling with the
configuration files -  I don't use Ubuntu and do not regularly test
building Ifeffit.   To be clear, development and support for the Ifeffit
library stopped many years ago. Demeter binaries continue to use this, but
they are built once.   Building and installing Larch as the backend for
Demeter is probably the simplest way to go.

Hope that helps,

--Matt

Thanks,