I agree Matthew, I also tend to use the primary K-edge peak for P calibration,
but one issue to be wary of is attenuation/flattening of the primary peak (if
one is using a concentrated sample).

Gypsum sounds like a good material to use for S, since it is commonly available
and probably not too variable. My material of choice for P (lazulite) might
fail on both counts, so it might be a poor choice.

Mike