If you can move between Nd L3 and Br K, why not stop at Nd L1 if you want to see if a Nd s-type initial state
has any influence on the XEOL? You should not need to go up to Nd K.

Some references:
https://aip.scitation.org/doi/abs/10.1063/1.477320?journalCode=jcp
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1149/1.3211180
and a book chapter
https://www.worldscientific.com/doi/10.1142/9789812775757_0015

On 2021-11-25 5:50 p.m., Eugenio Otal wrote:
Hi all,
I am planning XEOL measurements and I have a doubt.
My system is Nd coordinated to Eosin, tetrabromofluorescein. I want to measure XEOL exciting on the Br K-edge (13.4keV) and the Nd L3-edge(6.2keV) and measure the emission spectra of the dye and the Nd. I just measured the emission of the Nd exciting at 530nm and it worked perfectly. My question is, I have access to Nd K-edge, is it worthy to measure XEOL at the K-edge? I am in the time limit to request an extra shift.
I would appreciate some bibliography.
Best regards.