Hi Laurent,

Hopefully, you saw the earlier replies - if not, see the archived messages
at
https://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2022-November/thread.html

The basic answer is that you do not need to use Anaconda to run Larch on
macOS.   There is a MacPorts port available, for example.  In fact, Larch
is distributed with PyPI so you should (or at least "may") be able to
install it in any Python environment, provided the dependencies are also
available.

I also agree with Dr. Kumar's response that installing into a
system-provided Python may not be the best idea (on any system, but
especially macOS).   Python does support virtual environments pretty well,
which I would highly recommend to anyone wanting to install using a
system-provided Python.

If you have tried installing Larch and run into trouble, let us know what
you tried and what did not work.

--Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu> 630-327-7411