Hi Yasin,

On Thu, Apr 13, 2023 at 7:20 AM Yasin Deep <yasind...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I want to calculate bond lengths of the SrFe2As2 parent compound for E//ab
> and E//c polarization with stand-alone atoms pack of the Demeter. How can I
> calculate bond lengths for these two different polarizations? There is a
> panel for polarization vector I guess that panel I should adjust. I should
> put (0,0,1) for E//c and E//ab (1,1,0) is this correct? What should I put
> let's say for 30 degrees of polarization? Thank you in advance,

The bond lengths won't depend on the polarization, of course, though the
interaction of that crystal with X-rays will.

Setting the polarization vector as with
      POLARIZATION 0 0 1

would put the polarization vector (not the electric field) along the `c`
axis, and
     POLARIZATION 1 1 0

will put it at 45 degrees (tau/8) between the `a` and `b` axes.

If I'm not mistaken, put it at 30 degrees (tau/12) from the "a" axis toward
the "c" axis you would say
  POLARIZATION 0.866  0.000 0.500

Hopefully, someone will correct me if that is not correct ;).

--Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu> 630-327-7411