Dear Konstantin,

why would you want to do that? If you change the distance between A-B you the distance between B-A changes by the same amount. If you move the absorber away from let's say the centre of an octaeder you would split the (next) nearest neighbours shell into different shells with different distances. If the differences are large enough and the resolution of your EXAFS spectrum sufficient you would see more than one (first neighbours) peak in the FT of your EXAFS spectrum. But that would be another model that you would feed into FEFF before you start your second fit. Technically you would fneed to define the position of all atoms in your model in world-coordinates. So the absorber would no longer be at 0,0,0. I would guess that this would make the computation and the model more complex or at least less intuitive.

Best regards,

Edmund