Hi Sebastian,

Is I0 the same for all measurements? Mu being about the same jump just means that about the same amount of absorber is in the beam. It doesn't rule out an instrumentation issue.

Start by checking I0, then It. Identify where the noise is manifesting.

-R.

On 2024-04-29 5:17 a.m., Sebastian Kunze wrote:
Greetings, I recently did in-situ QEXAFS at Ag K-edge, expecting to see structure loss starting from crystalline (metallic) state. While we can see that, in addition we also see an increase in noise(?) in the xanes region (compare start and
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
Greetings,

I recently did in-situ QEXAFS at Ag K-edge, expecting to see structure loss starting from crystalline (metallic) state. While we can see that, in addition we also see an increase in noise(?) in the xanes region (compare start and end in the attached image). I am confused by this because the amount of material did not change, so I did not expect a difference in the signal/noise ratio at the absorption edge. And it is reproducible across several samples, so not instrument related. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to what I am missing?

Thank you!

Best,
Sebastian Kunze