Dear All:

I have been looking to apply main path analysis
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_path_analysis) to a citation network in
igraph.

While the traversal count of edges is somewhat similar to what
edge_betweenness() yields, the search path link count (SPLC) used in main path
analysis takes into account all possible paths from all sources to all sinks,
not just the shortest path(s). I have been fidgeting around with
all_simple_paths() across all ends(s) of edges, but it is prohibitively costly
to run for networks of even a few hundred vertices.

Perhaps someone has managed to implement SPLC in igraph and is willing to share
his or her code?

Thanks!

Steffen