> If it is the former, you can consider using multiple Docker
> containers. But, if you really need to to test network routing logic,
> then you can spawn multiple VMs and test the same. Search for Vagrant
> and Terraform.

I am not a Docker/VM expert - but I dont think using the above approach,  I
will be able to spawn 100s or 1000s of clients as it would be constrained
by system resource to spawn each of these VM/Docker.

I am guessing there is a lightweight way to get it done. If you look at
https://github.com/saravana815/dhtest it is able to act as standalone DHCP
client without needing any of separate interface or virtualization which
has got me interested. Hence I am more interested going this route.

> ---
> | That setup is explained
> | at https://gist.github.com/pocha/1adbd5e6ab01176ba4608937b94dd272
> |
> | Most of the changes are related to configuration.
> \--
> Do you use any IT automation software (Chef, Ansible, SaltStack,
> Puppet, etc.) for deploying your changes?

No. From my what I understand, all the above things are needed to deploy
changes to a server. For us, we need to create a new firmware image with
all the configuration changes.

Openwrt has a way to separately plug only configuration through the router
dashboard. Anything which is user specific, our user could download that
from our site & then upload on his router. From the above change about
launching a wizard, we are trying to automate this part.

"Linux User Group @ IIT Delhi" group.
to iitdlug+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.