Hello all:

I use GNU Screen to keep multiple SSH sessions open.
Some machines that I need to log into use HP-UX v11.x
Each time I log into these machines, I get the message "Type screen unknown"

Vi resorts to "open mode" ( the best way I can describe is it
resembles running "more" on a file )

I can fix the issue by doing a "TERM=xterm ssh foo@bar"
Is there a simple way to specify the TERM variable in screen *only*
while I ssh into certain machines? ( I normally have my TERM set to
"xterm-color" on my box and I do not want to change it globally )

-- 
Best,
Manish Chakravarty

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ILUG 
Bengaluru" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-bengaluru?hl=en.

Reply via email to