Folks, Carla is conducting a C course for beginners to be held via the courses[0] list. Archives are open but you will need to sign up to participate and post messages. [0] http://mailman.linuxchix.org/mailman/listinfo/courses
-v ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Carla Schroder <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx> Date: Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 22:58 Subject: [Techtalk] new course: Absolute Beginning C Programming To: [snip email] Hey all, I've been going back and refreshing my moldy old C coding skills, which is a golden opportunity to launch a Linuxchix course for coding and C beginners. Why C, you may ask? Why not something new and shiny like Python or Ruby or PHP or some rock star codey thingy? I'll tell you why-- because C is a fundamental language and it gets into gnarly stuff the glossy newcomers shine over and hide away. If you develop a decent grasp of C you will have useful knowledge that will serve you well for many different languages, and you won't fall into dumb attitudes like "It's ok to be inefficient and sloppy because everyone has quad- core computers anyway" or "I have no idea why it's doing this, but oh well who cares." I'll use gcc, the GNU compiler collection. There are many compilers and I don't want to teach many compilers, I want to give literal specific examples with gcc instead of forcing you to figure it out on your own. gcc is fine and when you get to know it fairly well then you can try out others, and engage in fun flamewars over which one is best. Absolute Beginning C Programming starts Sunday Feb. 5. All you have to do is subscribe to the Courses list. See you there! http://mailman.linuxchix.org/mailman/listinfo/courses Carla ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Carla Schroder, ace Linux guru and howto author 541-932-4817 PT [snip email] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ _______________________________________________ Techtalk mailing list -- ॥ स्वक्ष ॥ http://svaksha.com ॥ -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ILUG Bengaluru" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-bengaluru?hl=en.
