On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 07:46 +0530, Syam Krishnan wrote:

> I guess the other members are on an 'ignore the troll' attitude. Still..
> So if the KDE project demonstrates their cross platform capability on a 
> Windows machine, that's shame on them too, huh?
> That particular presentation was on a web based tool, and the OS does 
> not matter at all.
> Really, you should get lost!

Shyam, some people were looking for an opportunity to speak ill of some
other people, and they finally found a crumb. Just let them have their
say. I was wondering what they were doing when windows was being used
for presentation. They could have got up and protested then and there. I
am sure people would have appreciated that. There was no ban on free
speech there. 

The only mistake that the organisers did was not to tell the speakers to
use only Free Software. This is understandable since one does not
normally expect a speaker in FSFS conference to use Windows. As far as I
could see, no one used MS Windows in the Policy track. I don't know
about the technology track since I never went there. As you know, there
are some technology-oriented people who are not very much bothered about
freedom.

In any case, there has been high appreciation of the conference from
people who participated and people who spoke. Here is, for instance, a
small part of a long post by Stefan Merten:

"I'm just on the way back home from this great conference which took
place in Thiruvananthapuram in the state of Kerala / India. I must say
I'm really deeply impressed."

Best
-- 
V. Sasi Kumar
Free Software Foundation of India
http://swatantryam.blogspot.com


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
"Freedom is the only law". 
"Freedom Unplugged"
http://www.ilug-tvm.org

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "ilug-tvm" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]

For details visit the website: www.ilug-tvm.org or the google group page: 
http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to