hi,

I don't know how to put it, but the real war is not a search war but a media
war. It was said long before that Google will be challenged and amazon was
pointed as the third member pointing to some of their latest patents and
research interests.

MS will never ditch the OS business and might produce crappy or better
software as per the competition. Its a market they are confident and sure of
to find initial capital and working expenses for their other projects.

All search engine technologies till date follow the same basic structure, so
whoever finds the better algorithm to do an index and retrieval will do well
in the end.

Statistics from Comscore shows a good performance by Bing in the initial
weeks. An immediate side effect predicted is a potential take over of Yahoo!
by Microsoft.

About the strategies, competition and war is  good for the customers since
it gives them better products at cheaper rates.

>From what I see and what i hear, the war is good for customer. But from
freedom point of view, I am not seeing any immediate effects on anything.

cheers

Jinesh K J


On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Yadu Nand <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>  I can't figure what the fuss is about.. BING is good... the interface is
> better and some added features are cool too ...
>  But beyond that, as far as I see Google does come up with higher search
> results ( anyway,a million search results isn't very helpful : ) but search
> efficiency is better for google,or at least that is what I feel.
> I think in the end the question that matters is who comes up with the
> `best`
> search results and not whether the search results are nicely packed, and
> Google > BING ( atleast for now ) and again , this is my personal opinion.
>
> And on the lighter side... c'mon who knows maybe MS might turn to search
> engine and not give the world any more crappy OS'es .
>
> >
>


-- 
My Feelings,Expressions-
http://logbookofanobserver.blogspot.com

My scribblings-
http://logbookofanobserver.wordpress.com

SMC : My computer, My language http://smc.org.in
സ്വതന്ത്ര മലയാളം കമ്പ്യൂട്ടിങ്ങ്, എന്റെ കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറിന് എന്റെ ഭാഷ

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
"Freedom is the only law". 
"Freedom Unplugged"
http://www.ilug-tvm.org

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "ilug-tvm" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]

For details visit the website: www.ilug-tvm.org or the google group page: 
http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to