Hi,

  I would like to comment on Sebin's opinion (technical side, not
political):

Point 1: Circumvention tools:
  Though I know a few circumvention and data analysis tools, I didn't
know that there was a guide for it. Thank you very much for the
link! :D

Point 3: Blocking Twitter:
  China is extremely successful in censorship - they nearly completely
silenced opposition. That is why I said that very few of their
youngest generation even know about Tienanmen square incident. Twitter
block is just a part of this. But I am not really bothered about this
- its way out of our influence.

Point 5: Google monopoly:
  That is indeed very weird. I agree that Google is showing mild
monopolist behavior, but this is way too paranoid. Technically, they
don't need spiders to crawl through our email. After all, the entire
archive of gmail mails is on their servers. All they need to do is to
identify a few keywords in our mails (these are not crawlers) and
match it to their ad database. They will be abusing their power only
if they violate our security or privacy - but nothing like that
happens (apparently).

  I mean, if you are running a mail server, what is preventing you
from reading the mails of its users? Or, even more innocently, if you
do automatic processing of personal data before forwarding (like anti-
virus scanning or classification), how can that be violation of
privacy? Isn't that what every web service do with our personal data?
And what is the rationale behind 'google reads third party apps' idea?
It's just glorification of censorship.

  Now Jikku said - "communication shouldn't be have to be made
possible using 'circumventing tools'. It should be openly usable, so
that a lay man can use it. "

  Well, it is a big mistake to trust the web or people who control it.
We shouldn't simply trust them with our confidential or sensitive
information. This is why tools like GPG [ http://www.gnupg.org/ ],
SSL, encrypted proxies, SSH and GNUnet [ http://www.gnunet.org/ ]
exists. Many of them are those we use without even knowing. So there
is no reason why we shouldn't use it. This is the cat & mouse game
against censorship and spying. You know what, there is a subject in
final year communication engg which deals with this game. That subject
assumes that there is always someone out there to steal or control
your data -how can that be paranoid?

Regards,
Gokul Das