@rakesh, I think that the answer lies in the user-friendliness of Ubuntu in
terms of various different ways the users can find help. The choices are
many, such as Ubuntu forums, Ubuntu-wiki, Ubuntu community help pages,
Launchpad answers, and the one that I love the most- help via IRC. On IRC
the Ubuntu community is always ready to help beginners in a very polite,
friendly manner which I should dare say, I found missing in some of the IRC
channels of other LINUX based OS's.
      I guess that's why beginner linux users are suggested and rather like
to go for Ubuntu. I had tried Open SUSE, Fedora, and few minamilst flavors
like Vector Linux, etc. And finally I bumped into Ubuntu and now I happily
use it as my primary OS. And one thing is to be said, all distribution are
good in one way or the another, but well how good is it is a subjective
thing, it depends on what a person needs. For me, Ubuntu is 'The one'.[?]

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 8:49 PM, rakesh kr <rakeshkausthub...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes i also agree with that Mandriva is many times better than ubuntu
> i wonder why people become followers of ubuntu.?....fedora ,mandriva
> .sabayon(consumes more RAM) SUSE all are good distros pls try from these
> ones/.
>

> On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 5:18 AM, JeevZ <jeevan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There are other Distros like Mandriva or Fedora. Why would any  one
>> stick with Ubuntu??
>> if its point  of user simplicity, I think mandriva is 10 times better
>> than ubuntu.
>>
>> On 11/6/10, Visakh <gokulda...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >  Here is a much better description:
>> >
>> http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/ubuntu_embraces_unity_and_wayland_or_gnu_linux_exciting_again
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Gokul Das
>> >
>> > --
>> > "Freedom is the only law".
>> > "Freedom Unplugged"
>> > http://www.ilug-tvm.org

>> > ilug-tvm-unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
>> >

>> > For details visit the google group page:
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en
>> >

>> --
>> *ησямαℓιту ιѕ тнє υηινєяѕαℓ α¢¢єρтє∂ кιηк*
>>
>>  Jeevachaithanyan Sivanandan
>>  CyberBeamS Technologies
>>  http://www.cyberbeams.com
>>  http://www.jeevanism.wordpress.com
>>  http://www.twitter.com/jeevanism
>>  http://identi.ca/jeevanism
>>  ph: +919995319639
>>
>> --
>> "Freedom is the only law".
>> "Freedom Unplugged"
>> http://www.ilug-tvm.org

>> ilug-tvm-unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
>>

>> For details visit the google group page:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en
>>

>  --

> For details visit the google group page:

With regards,
* **
*
  (*Opensource Enthusiast*)