On Tue, 2012-05-01 at 06:40 +0530, Syam Krishnan wrote:
> On 04/30/2012 10:14 PM, V. Sasi Kumar wrote:
> > Friends,
> >
> > I am facing another problem in my Android phone now.
> >
> > Finding that Got-to-do is a good task manager, I downloaded the apk file
> > from a site and installed it. Now, when I try to start the application,
> > it says that it was not obtained from Google Play, and then doesn't run.
> > I have earlier installed other apps from third sources and have had no
> > problem in running them.
>
> Have you enabled 'Unknown sources' from 'Application settings'?

Yes, otherwise I would not have been able to install it! And I have
recently installed a few applications, like the Dolphin browser, Astro
File Manager and Handcent sms after downloading the apk file from third
parties, and they all work very well. My incentive for downloading from
other sources is that I can download them onto my computer and then
transfer them to my phone. That works out cheaper than downloading into
the phone because of the connections I use.

Thank you, anyway.

Regards,
Sasi
--