On Friday 09 Jan 2009, mettur salem wrote:

>        My office has windows server dns ,dhcp and proxy connection
>       our if one static ip (internet say tata ),fails we need to
> manual connect the other one
>       in server I am not disturb this setup
>
>       my office plan to move to fedora 9  i install fedora 9 with
> squid proxy  have 2 lan cards
>       They need without manual intervention incase of line failure we
> can able to automatically
>       use the internet in linux this is the scenario how can in
> install successfully in linux fedora 9 pls help me
>       to constant in my job
>            one st ip is high bandwith another is low bandwith  both
> should work  how ??? implement in linux???

It is a bit difficult to understand what you are trying to sat. I think
you are looking for a solution wherein you have 2 ISP links that are
load balanced, and link failure detection is automatic.  The latter is
quite simple - use cron scheduler to ping at regular intervals, detect
failure and switch to the active link (shell scripting necessary).

If you want a ready made solution, this might be of help
<http://www.wifi.com.ar/cdrouter.html>  I have not tried it myself.

YMMV
--
Arun Khan