On Friday 20 Mar 2009, sanath kumar wrote:

>    I have Sun Sparc v210 server in my college. That machine does not
> have any CD ROM drive. I need to install Ubuntu in it using NetBoot.
> Will Ubuntu install in Sun Sparc v210. Please provide me directions
> on how to install Ubuntu in it. I tried netbooting almost ten times
> but in vain.

The above machine has a Sun Ultra Sparc CPU.  Ubuntu does not have a
release for Sparc CPU.

> Is Ubuntu well supported on Sun

See above

> or shall I try out
> someother distributions. If so then which distro will be the best.

Your best bet is Debian
<http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian-cd/current/sparc/>

IIRC, most major Linux distros have dropped support for Sparc CPU.

> I also need to install linux on Sun Blade 1500 machines. Please
provide me directions for that also.

Please do your home work - find out the CPU in these boxes.  Again your
best bet might be to stick with Debian and find the appropriate iso
image for the CPU in these boxes.

--
Arun Khan