On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves
<law...@thenilgiris.com> wrote:
> so I am back to square 1

Since you are back to square one, now time to give some of my gyan.
All Fedora lovers stop reading here.

KDE on Fedora is probably the worst combo. You can ask a few KDE
devels and they would recommend OpenSuse as their preferred KDE
Desktop based Distro. Next would be Kubuntu. I am not taking away any
credits from the wonderful KDE Fedora team, but its just not there.

Fedora Electronic Lab was based on KDE and it *had* to be moved to a
GNOME Desktop[1] for better user experience. I have struggled and had
very very similar experiences with KDE on Fedora like you have
mentioned in the original mail.

So , suggestion - Move to OpenSuse if you love KDE.

[1] http://osdir.com/ml/fedora-electronic-lab-list/2009-07/msg00022.html

Regards,
Aanjhan