On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 5:03 PM, S. Senthil Anand <senth...@au-kbc.org>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > Mm, Not necessarily a distro Project, also any such open-source project
> > that
> > provide good documentation on compilation's steps with appropriate
> > parameters, etc.
> > Have any one tried compiling popular open source projects from source
> like
> > Firefox, etc.
>
> Not a hard job. Dependencies can be a pain.
>
> You can also try pkgsrc which is NetBSD's answer for cross platform OS
> agnostic package building. You can find all the configuration flags of an
> application in the corresponding pkgsrc makefiles. I have personally used
> it in various Linux distros, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD and DragonflyBSD at
> various times mainly to benchmark stuff.

Gooood info Senthil, but similar issue i came across few days back about
dependencies.

Is pkgsrc such tool??, to find all the dependency library files/ bin files /
files that are required for the application that has its contents inside a
directory?

To be simple, is there any such ldd command for all files/ sub-directories
of a directory specified, not just for libraries but also for all
dependencies ???

Or how to make an application *absolutely* portable in Linux environment ???

Saravanan Sundaramoorthy
Red Hat Certified Engineer
+91 99404 32545