----- Original Message -----
From: "GR Seshagiri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 1:20 PM
Subject: [ilugd] maximising the screen size for an application -howto

> Dear friends,
> I am running a graphic gks application in X which is opening a screen  of
small size (100x100) by default. I want to utilize the full screen so that
GUI looks better.  The gks manual suggests that in .Xdefaults or eqvt. file
add the line -
>                  xgks*geometry:600x600
> I tried to locate the .Xdefaults file but invain. I created a file in
/home/user but it did not work.
> i request for suggestions from u.
>
> -- seshagiri

Run
  $ xrdb -load ~/.Xdefaults
to get  ~/.Xdefults settings into effect.

Regds.
Lalit.

whatsoever is strictly prohibited.