Hi,
I had already posted a reply to ur problem earlier today. Please refer to that mail for a solution and then mail back to the group if u can't solve the problem.

 Regards,
 Bhaskar

P.S. I wonder why you are using a multi-processor kernel(???). I assume you system is a uniprocessor box. If so, please load the 2.4.20-8up kernel instead.