Flashget is able to get u that much speed, cos of the multithreaded download
of the same file (it downloads different parts of the same file and
reassembles them at the client end).
Wget or kget download on a single thread which limits the speed.

People were discussing something similar over the last few threads, try
Prozilla (http://freshmeat.net/projects/prozilla/)

(and it should be Kilo Bytes/sec)
-js