> > >I am running fedora core 1.
> <snip>
> > >and now none of my system config tools are opening.
> > >
> > >when i click to open any tool it ask for root password and then
> nothing
> > >
> > >happens. please help. this make my situation terrible
> > >
> > If you are using kde just log off go to the CLI and run rm .kde -rf
> this
> > generally corrects such problems
>
> arundeep: can you try running the config tools from command line?
> open a
> gnome-terminal (or konsole if yu use kde) and try starting the
> application from there
>
> e.g. in redhat 9
> # redhat-config-users

i tried this but it says :
         redhat-config-users requires a currently running X server.

> or maybe just from your prompt start open office
> e.g. in mandrake 9.2
> $ oowriter

> and see what error it throws. that can help in better understanding
> of the problem.

well some how in some mysterical way the error with openoffice get
solved. it is working now.

=====
Arundeep Singh,
M.Tech (IS), IIIT Allahabad,
U.P, India.
ph: 09415262466, 09417066713
http://www.i-cognition.com

Don't take life seriously, as you can't come out of it alive.