Hello!

> Recently I re-loaded Redhat 9 on my system. The open
> office is not
> working now though it shows in the programme files
> and when I click upon
> any of its components it shows activity but does not
> open.

Have you tried running it from the command prompt
itself? Try opening a shell session (Konsole, xterm
etc) from within X-Windows, and give the command
(oowriter, oocalc, ooimpress for Writer, Calc and
Impress). There should be a couple of error messages,
which you could post back here, or resolve. Otherwise,
its hard to make out why this problem is occuring.

> was working fine. I was actively using Open Office.
> I have tried reloading it from the installation CD
> but nothing happens.
> It sits in the programme tray but does not open. I
> can see open office
> writer icon too in the files that I had created
> earlier.

The icons are completely unrelated. You can even
change them according to your preferences.
Re-Installing might not help, since this looks more
like a problem with your window manager or something
(not OO itself).

HTH
Regards,

vik

=====
--
Viksit Gaur
http://www.viksit.com

me[at]viksit.com
viksit[at]linux-delhi[dot]org

'Not all who wander are lost.'
                  - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring