On Friday 11 Jun 2004 5:08 pm, you wrote:

    aS> >  Hi,
    aS> >   anyone using one of those USB bluetooth dongles from nehru place?
    aS> > I need a feedback on :
    aS> > 1. their compatibility with linux,
    aS> > 2. performance and reliability.
    aS> >
    aS> > I need to use the dongle with a nokia 6600 and a sony ericsson
 Z600. aS> > I am
    aS> > specifically looking for a dongle with any of these following
    aS> > chipsets -
    aS> > Broadcom, CSR, Transilica, RTX, AVM or Silicon Wave, which are
 tested aS> > under
    aS> > linux. ( more from
    aS> > http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/devices.html)
    aS> >

    aS> i don't know which USB bluetooth dongle u r talking about but i
 bought aS> one from nehru place and it is working fine with linux.
    aS>
    aS> performance and reliability? i had not worked that much.
    aS>

Hi arundeep,

Check these 2 pics. These are the type of bluetooth USB dongles you get in the
market these days; i am looking for something similar.

http://www.nurtec.de/pics/original/865y356.jpg
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00006B0JX.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Can you tell me the brand, chipset and cost of the dongle you bought?

Did you require to patch the kernel, or used the regular stack ?

What do you use it for?

Even if you have not used it much, at least you can tell whether you had any
data transfer or device recognition problems.

As I told previously, I need to use it to transfer data to and from mobile
phones. Some of the files and applications i need to transfer are 10-15MB
size and I want to know if there are any problems with preformance etc.

Hope I am clear now.

                                Bhaskar
- --

 Bhaskar Dutta
 email: echo '"(!3+)[EMAIL PROTECTED](//.#/.5+' | tr [!-:] [a-z] | tr n . | tr j 9
 To order GNU/Linux/FreeBSD CD's throughout India, visit:
 http://www.metawire.org/~bhaskar/cd-order.php