Hullo,

> Dear Sys admins,

Not everyone on this list is a sysadmin! :)

> What is Real Time Linux??
According to one of the most reliable sources around,
RT Systems are those whose correctness includes its
response time as well as its functional correctness.

The above basically means that apart from the correct
working of the system itself, how fast you get a
response also matters a lot. In this regard, such
systems get classified into Hard and Soft Real time
systems. google for more info!

>How it is different from
> Mandrake,Fedora and RH etc.

The distros mentioned above are user level distros -
they are used on desktop applications, server
management, development, blah - but essentially, by a
human being sitting on a computer. RT Systems are
deployed on satellites, missiles and such - that is
where the term 'embedded' comes in as well.

These systems have to gather data, and act on it in a
very fast loop, in order to ensure the safety of the
device they're on, or any other factors which may be
in play.

A really cool article I read in LinuxJournal on Linux
and satellites :
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7767

> >From where i can download it??? How the term
> embedded
> is related with it??

Search for VxWorks, RTLinux, FreeRTOS, LynuxWorks etc.

Cheers,
Viksit

--
Viksit Gaur

me[at]viksit[dot]com
viksit[at]linux-delhi[dot]org
http://viksit.com

Just because you have a mind like a hammer doesn't mean you should treat
everyone else like a nail - Terry Pratchett