santosh dubey wrote:

>I got mysql dump from some person. but this dump is
>not a simple txt file. IT IS IN BINARY FORMAT AND NOT
>READABLE BY vi.

You most probably have received a compressed/archived file. Run the

file <filename>

command on your dump file to see what type of file it really is. If it says
compressed gzip/zip/bzip/bzip2/Z/tar archive, you will have to use the
corresponding decompressor before you can use the file.

Regards
Arjun

Confidentiality Notice

this message are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or
privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or [EMAIL
PROTECTED] immediately