Hello all :)

--- Nishant Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just wanted a feedback if anyone has used Reliance
> R-connect Voice &
> Data Card for GNU/Linux. How is the performance and

Although its 1.5 months to this post, here I answer my
question myself :-)

Got a card and it took just 15 minutes to set it up on
Ubuntu Warty on
a Toshiba Portege M100 notebook. Simply followed
http://centerclick.org/aircard555

The only trick was to set auth method to PAP instead
of CHAP, which
was clear once I followed the logs closely. Also, I
was able to dial
out and recieve voice calls using AT commands from
minicom. No idea -
how to send and recieve SMS.

Now the worst part - you need to activate the card on
a windows laptop
first :-(. Anyone out there to crack AT command set of
the card??

regards,
Nishant

--