On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 14:13, Prashant Verma wrote:
> Dear Abhijit and Hassath,
>
> I wanted to say that Nitin may have a point there.
> Nitin has mentioned that what he intended to say is
> not what you understood from his email.

Hi Prashant,
I am actually quite tired of all this- like i mentioned in my previous
posting- it's not my style at all. But since you have brought it up, let
me say- I have responded to Nitin's posting in a certain manner because
there is enough of a background to leave no reasonable doubt as to what
his attitude is. I really dislike going into finger-pointing like this,
but I am left with no option but to paste below  a couple of clips from
nitin's earlier mails- hopefully, they will illustrate why i have got
angry. I repeat, I generally don't like having to stoop to this, but you
leave me no option, hopefully this will put an end to this.

"Well if the context of my statment is not understood
by some people who are challanged..."

"Been there experienced that.
Well I HAVE BEEN CATCALLED N WISTLED BY GROUP OF WOMEN
UNKNOWN TO ME , SO let not make those kind of
statments again. As from your statment i undestand
that women are so dammingly oppressed.....THAT IS your
understanding...MY BELIEF IS WOMEN HAVE EQUAL RIGHT TO
WORK AND PARTY."

The term "women are so dammingly oppressed"- is enough! And then, who
can say, looking around himself, that women have an equal right to work
and party? It has to be someone who does not want to see the reality of
one-half of the world's population.

The remark being discussed as being 'misrepresented' is this one:

"where by women can accept men as they are and STILL
come forward and make a difference rather than "be in
the stand and comment". So women can crib OR make a
difference to LUG as a whole group + Linux.
My request and invitation is for women to accept men
as they are and step forward and play in then LUG
field and make an enormous difference."

whether in the context of this mailing list, or anything larger, I think
it is NOT ok to tell women to accept men as they are. I will NOT accept
any of the men on this mailing list- I will NOT accept sexist jokes or
remarks, and I will NOT accept it when anyone tries to dilute the issue
at hand. If this makes someone uncomfortable, then I can't help it.

Now- I have indeed moved on by giving suggestions- asking people to look
at a specific link, at the very least. I am NOT interested in these kind
of postings anymore, and will not respond to them. Prashant, if you are
indeed interested (and anybody else on the list who is listening)-
please read up the HOW TO, and then come back- maybe we could have a
more useful discussion then.

Regards,
Hassath