--- Gurpreet Sachdeva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
[...]
> I am not able to view punjabi fonts on Punjabi
> Firefox (version 1.0.4running on Redhat
> 9.0)

If possible, you should consider upgrading to Fedora
Core 4. Much of the Indian language stuff works out
of the box, and the version of Firefox is enabled for
Indic languages.

> I tried a lot in Preferences and have installed
> kde3-i18n-pa-3.3.0-3.noarch.rpm and
> punjali-0.2-2.i386.rpm but still not
> able to view them.
[...]

kde3 is irrelevant here. Don't know what is in the
punjabi RPM. If you are unable to see any Punjabi at
all, the chances are that no Punjabi font is
installed. You can check with
  fc-list :lang=pa
which for me shows
  Lohit Punjabi:style=Regular
On Fedora Core 4, the RPM for Punjabi fonts is
fonts-punjabi-1.10-2. Look for a similarly named one
for RH9, or try the pages of the Punjabi Linux project
http://punlinux.sourceforge.net, or their download
page at
You can probably get Punjabi-specific help more
quickly from their mailing lists, linked to from the
homepage.

If you see some Punjabi characters, but things like
conjuncts are garbled, the problem probably is that
your Firefox version does not support Indic fonts.
Get such a build, e.g., from the Punjabi Linux
download page.

Finally, it is also possible that you are looking at
a non-Unicode webpage which uses some proprietary
font. Check if you can view this page:
http://punlinux.sourceforge.net/news/modules/news/

Regards,
Gora