On Thursday, 10 Nov 2005 5:24 pm, Raj shekhar wrote:
> in infinite wisdom Sandip Bhattacharya spoke thus on 11/10/05 16:41:
> > Also, can anyone point me to any references which have performance
> > measurements of Freebsd versus Linux? Till now I have only heard about
> > FreeBSD being better in performance than Linux. Anyone has any links to
> > tests which have proved to you that it is better?
>
> You can test it yourself.  One good way to overload the system is to run
> the mysql benchmark tool on both the OS
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-benchmarks.html and
> http://vegan.net/tony/supersmack/.
>
> The results of one such test
> http://software.newsforge.com/software/04/12/27/1243207.shtml?tid=152&tid=7
>2&tid=29
>
> (Linux is better)

This is cool. Thanks Raj. Just the kind of benchmarks that I was expecting.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya  *    Puroga Technologies   *     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work: http://www.puroga.com  *   Home/Blog: http://www.sandipb.net/blog

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3