On Saturday 14 April 2007 11:42, Shakthi Kannan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am replying to the list, because it can be useful for others
> teaching their nephews and nieces.
>
> On 4/14/07, Raj Mathur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > during his summer holidays.  Since there's no one doing Python or
> > Perl in the Vasant Kunj/Vasant Vihar area
>
> Why do you need an Institute? Why not ILUGD?
>
> For Perl, I'd recommend,
>
> Beginning Perl by Simon Cozens
> http://www.perl.org/books/beginning-perl/
>
> Does he have access to a computer and Internet? He can subscribe to
> ilugd mailing list?
>
> I will be extremely happy to guide him, and answer his queries. I
> am sure others in this mailing list will also be eager to help him.

Thanks for the offer, though this time is really a case of needing a
formal training course.  If you are (or someone else is) willing to
spend an hour a day with him, teaching him the fundamentals of
programming and Perl/Python/Java/C++ (for a fee, of course) in the
Vasant Kunj area, give me a call.  Otherwise, recommendation (or
maybe just knowledge) of an institute in the VK area that's doing it
would be preferred.

I don't really want to get into a debate over self-learning vs
classroom learning right now.  I personally believe in self-learning
(whatever little I know is mostly self-taught), but I also know that
both kinds of people (the self-starters as well as those who require
a structured environment) exist, and it's not for me to try to
convert one type into the other.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur           [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://kandalaya.org/
       GPG: 78D4 FC67 367F 40E2 0DD5  0FEF C968 D0EF CC68 D17F