On Tuesday 17 July 2007 15:49, Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:
> Raj Mathur wrote:
> > As promised, I've done a terse write-up on using the Motorola A1200
> > (MotoMing) mobile phone with Linux.  Rough first cut is available
> > at:
> >
> > http://wiki.kandalaya.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Main/MotorolaA1200
>
> It seems that the max you can do about mobile-computer connectivity
> on your phone is backing up addressbooks, etc.
>
> What about *syncing*  stuff like calendar, todo lists, etc.? I have
> an N73. I have been looking around for a *respectably* easy way to
> sync my mobile data to the computer. I would like to edit my schedule
> on my computer(kaddressbook, (blech) evolution, etc.) and sync it to
> the so-called smartphone. I have looked at stuff like multisync(i am
> told it is obsolete), kitchensync(couldn't figure it out on feisty in
> the 5 minutes I gave it),etc. but no love.

Yeah, you can do that if you want.  All I'm concerned about is my
address book, but if you want to sync your desktop apps with the A1200
use any of the following:

- Opensync command line tools
- Multisync0.90 (NOT vanilla multisync)
- Kitchensync (a newish version -- old ones don't support opensync
plugins)

In any case you'll have to install Opensync and the plugins, since both
the other apps too use those.  Once you have those, make a group with
the appropriate application plugin and sync away to glory.

> Anyone who has done this yet? Or should I be looking at standalone
> PDAs for this? Any recommendations? I don't particularly like
> replacing firmwares with Linux everywhere. I would just like these
> devices to sync to my PIM apps on Linux.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur           [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://kandalaya.org/
       GPG: 78D4 FC67 367F 40E2 0DD5  0FEF C968 D0EF CC68 D17F