Hi everyone
I am supposed to set up an IPv6 testbed here in college and I'm stuck at the
very first step. I've tried googling but didn't anything very useful.
My target:
1. Stateful autoconfiguration of clients using DHCPv6
2. DNSv6
3. Other services like mail, ftp, www etc

Platforms:
1. Fedora Core 4
2. Fedora 7
3. Fedora 8
4. Any windows version, if time permits

As step 0, I have managed to configure both the systems for static IPv6
addresses and pinged both from each other. Also, pings to the multicast
address(ff02::1) are being responded to by both hosts. This would mean that
kernel support for IPv6 is enabled etc etc.

DHCP:
a) used the Linux DHCPv6 implementation (
https://fedorahosted.org/dhcpv6/wiki)
b) built from source both the client and the server
c) started the server in console, full verbose debug mode(no errors), says
its listening for connections
d) started the client on another machine, in console, full verbose debug
mode too.
e) client starts sending solicit messages. they show up in tcpdump on the
server machine. but, the dhcpserver sends no response. client's solicit
messages continue with no response from the server

Please see if any of you faced this problem too. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
Thank You
Navjot Kukreja
BITS Pilani