On 02/06/2010 09:53 PM, wahjava...@gmail.com (Ashish SHUKLA) wrote:
narendra sisodiya writes:
I am trying to run qemu but I think it is very slow Or not working,

$ qemu -cdrom Ubuntu_9.10_i386.iso -hda qemu_disk.img -m 256 -boot d
open /dev/kvm: No such file or directory
Could not initialize KVM, will disable KVM support

Try loading kvm.ko and, kvm-intel.ko or kvm-amd.ko, depending on the vendor of
the CPU.

kvm can only be loaded if the CPU supports VT extensions (in Intel). Unless the CPU has virtualization support, it will not load the KVM module.

If only the requirement is of running a Live ISO as a virtualized guest, then I would go for VirtualBox, OR if the CPU has VT support, then virt-manager. I usually buy machines with VT support only, as the performance advantage of running guest machines via that is worth it.

Regards
Vivek Kapoor
http://exain.com