dear all,

googling to see if i can get insurance-cover on my laptop
beyond its warranty period.
discovered the four major indian insurance companies supposedly offer
some fig-leaf of a cover.

oriental insurance, new india assurance, national insurance, united india
insurance:
http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100102230025AA9G16e

their individual websites are sketchy on details and costs.

what are your experiences:

1) how much does it cost?
2) what kind of tenures, benefits, bonuses, do you get?
3) what gets covered?
4) what is excepted?
5) does a policy cover national, international roaming?
6) do they offer cashless transactions/ or pay-now-reimburse-later?
7) how quick/difficult is a re-imbursement?
8) most important: do they have a problem or do they prefer laptops with
linux?
do they charge a premium, or do they do the sensible thing and offer a
discount and bonuses for potentially less downtime and data-hassles?
or, do they not care at all?

on another note, a friend tells me insurance companies do offer
insurance-policies for mobiles as well,
but policy-holders seldom get any value as the exceptions-list hardly leaves
any scope for a re-imbursement.

thanks for your answers in advance,
and hope linux-users and activists may soon lobby insurance companies
to offer discounts and bonuses for foss-adoption.

regards
niyam

--
niyam bhushan