Hi all,

I am having a query.

I understand that whenever a packet comes at an interface (lets say
ethernet) , the driver for that interface handles the packet to kernel.
Kernel works on the packet. To be specific, IP stack in the kernel works on
the packet and does the necessary things. Then it gives the packet to the
registered application ( user ).

Now I want the packet from the kernel directly, without it going through the
IP stack.
Now, I can do the similar things using libpcap, but what I want is to bring
the packet directly from the kernel space to user space. ( that is kernel
writes the packet in a memory location and gives the address of that to the
user application.

Is this possible? And if how.

Thanks in advance,

Prashant