Sagar Belure writes:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Sagar Belure <sagar.bel...@gmail.com>wrote:

>>> requirement.

>>> updated
>>> go

>>> I also used apt-cacher in past and it worked but recent versions had some
>>> issues, so I kept the old version pinned on my Debian box.
>>>
>>> I also tried pkg-cacher[1] because I needed to cache for 'yum'
>>> (fedora/centos)
>>> also and it worked great since it can cache both 'yum' and 'apt'.

>>> HTH
>>>

>> Thank you all for your responses.
>> I got options to look into and your views and experience is really
>> valuable.
>>

> 'apt-cacher-ng' seems to fulfill my requirements.
> BTW, is it ,by any chance, possible to set up 'repository-cache' server
> combined for 32 as well as 64 bit systems.
> apt-cacher-ng uses /var/cache/apt/archives as repository, and is obviously
> different for 32 and 64 bit systems.

The file names of the downloaded packages have architecture mentioned in them,
so you don't have to worry about 32-bit packages getting overwritten by 64-bit
ones. And I used a single repository with apt-cacher and pkg-cacher.

HTH
- --
Ashish SHUKLA      | GPG: F682 CDCC 39DC 0FEA E116  20B6 C746 CFA9 E74F A4B0
freebsd.org!ashish | http://people.freebsd.org/~ashish/

“We've so many people in India, that we're able to route each network
packet manually.” (nobotz)