Dear All,

When I installed these packages alone and restarted my ubuntu os on Hp
Pavilion dv2700 laptop, ubuntu got crashed.

Its like, I can see only the tty1. but cant type anything to login.

   1. jasper
   2. libjasper-dev
   3. libjasper-java
   4. libjasper-runtime
   5. openjpeg-tools

My ubuntu got crashed more than 8 times, whenever I installed the above
packages.

Last time, I checked with Linux Mint distro on IBM Lennova laptop also. That
also crashed.

But last time, I recovered the Linux Mint back to normal, by removing those
packages completely
by using live cd.

I need to install jasper library for installing pygrib [1] & [2].

Do any one experienced like this problem.

Do any one know more about jasper ?

If anybody willing to install these packages and will try it means,
please post your experience too.

So that we can report about those packages to ubuntu development team.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/pygrib/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/pygrib/wiki/LinuxMacInstallation

Arulalan.T

Kanchi Linux User Group Rocks !