Dear All,

[ Sorry for cross post]

2010/12/28 Narendra Sisodiya <naren...@narendrasisodiya.com>

> Folks,
> Date : 16 Jan 2011 {Sunday}
> Time : 1 pm to  6pm
> Venue : To be decided.
> I request IIT Delhi guys like Alok & Arul & Abhishek to start working on
> booking the room/seminar hall as This can be done in IITDelhi. in Last
> discussion everybody talked about IITD/JNU etc.
> IF there are good venue like Vkendra or Vkendra is ready to give another
> venue then, Lets do it.
>
> Fees : I suggest for having 30 Rupee token money which will be utilized in
> TEA/Biscuit and Poster which we can put in colleges. It can be free of cost.
>
> Purpose : Same as previous. Talk , Discuss, Participate, Present, Show your
> current work and involvement in FOSS. not a fix guidelines but it is open.
> Infact parallel room should be available for those who just want to see face
> and discuss or just a social gathering.
> ADD, modify the purpose guidelines.
>

> Restriction of Meetup :
> * Do not promote non-free, non-foss
> * Do not promote non-standards aka close standards
> * Do not promote software patents
> * Do not promote DRM
> * I request you not to have debate or flamewar on these restrictions.
> Because these guidelines says you can bring you MAC PC or nokia mobile, but
> you cannot says, "USE this" as a speaker..
> * NO debate for this section.

+1

> Talks :
> 1) Please select your topic of presentation or discussion or sharing. It
> can be anything like if you install GNU/Linux and what he felt and how you
> fix problem or just a share like I went to this ATM and that is Linux based
> Or your college project where other can put expert comments Or just what you
> would like to tell.
>
> You have good amount of time, appx 15-20 days, Please prepare and make a
> good presentation and let other also do same and have a another successful
> meetup.
>
> Suggestions :
>       +++++    Please put your 'constructive' suggestions ! Thanks  +++++

I totally disagree with arguing/debating on something during lug meet ups.
Because only two/three people arguing together, but others were/are just
seeing/looking their debates.
All of us experts in some field like
user,developer,admin,mentor,organiser,founder in FOSS.

But if we discussed about such debate on OS distro, licenses, pattens then
it will never end up.

We are spending 5 to 6 hours once in a month.

We have to utilise those hours in positive and growing manner not in
negative manner.

negative manner means, if we discussed something in lug meet & mailing list
like politician, debating,
without discussing on 'how to promote FOSS inside IITD, Delhi universities &
colleges', it will may discourage a/many newbie/s to the lug meetup.

If all of us want to discuss/debate about some FOSS licenses,distro and
other stuff,then we will try to put separate meetup. :-)

We have to discuss about like,
 * How to promote FOSS among IIT students/staff/professors/beginners
 * How to promote FOSS in all schools/colleges/universities in Delhi
 * Sharing knowledge (Tech & Non-tech)

 My ideas to promotes FOSS in Delhi colleges/unive...

  * If lug people/volunteers will be give some intro talk for an hour to all
the colleges/universities about
    FOSS and Lug, it will be very useful to newbies.
  * Atleast one talk per month in other colleges/univ, will be a great
thing.
  * Newbies will may be inspired on FOSS and our Lug meetup.

Obviously all of us know everything about FOSS in/as basics and even
interior level, so we survival our best.
Think about a first year student those who joining in a college. He/She may
not get a chance even at a single time, what is the abbreviation of FOSS.

It still happening, still going the same way.

What we will do as FOSS group member. So lets start the discussion in
positive manner, which will be going to lighting up to many students.

If I am wrong, please correct/point me.

> --
> ┌─────────────────────────┐
> │    Narendra Sisodiya