On Tuesday 04 Jan 2011, Arun K. Singh wrote:
> Btw I havent seen any such guidelines such as Commercial in subject
> line etc on any Linux/Android discussion groups...

The [COMMERCIAL] tag serves at least two purposes:

1. It permits members who are only interested in the technical or
advocacy aspect of FOSS to avoid reading posts that do not deal with
those aspects.

2. It permits any hypothetical site owner to pull out job offerings,
etc. easily and put them on a web site.  Nishikant used to do that at
one time, don't know if he's still active on that front.

So, in the absence of any good reason to avoid it, let's keep the
practice going for now.  It's not difficult to follow, and it may help
some of the list members.

Regards,

-- Raj
--