On 11 January 2011 13:31, vivek kumar <vivek.2k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi All
>
> i have install 10.10 ubuntu in Piv machine with 512mb ram but after 30
> minuts system hang but is the problem its ram issu plz suggest me

I had problems with P4's with intel video on Fedora 12 and Ubuntu 9.10 onwards.

If the PC has an intel 945 graphics chipset, the likelihood of the
system freezing with Fedora 12 or Ubuntu 9.10 is very high.

The solution I applied for may parents computer was to use Arch Linux
and downgrade half a dozen packages a year ago. The method was partly
documented - http://sethanil.blogspot.com/2010/01/arch-linux-for-parents.html

Everything but the half a dozen packages on the system are current -
including 2.6.36 kernel on the system.

Regards
Anil