On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Gora Mohanty <g...@mimirtech.com> wrote:
[...]
> Have been happy with the Sony Vaio VPCEB36FG (all those letters/digits
> are important), in spite of Sony's reputation of not being FOSS-friendly.
> Intel i3 quad-core 2.4GHz, 15.6" screen, ATI Radeon HD 5600 graphics
> card, full HD, 4GB RAM, 500GB hard drive at 52K (most places will give
> you a 2% discount for cash). Had to fiddle with some hardware, and the
> only things that still have issues are:
> * Does not hibernate/suspend properly. Have not tried to figure out why
>  yet.
[...]

To resurrect an old thread, am glad to report that I just checked,
and both suspend and hibernate now work fine on this laptop. I
am now on kernel 2.6.35-22-generic on Ubuntu 10.04.

Many thanks to the kernel contributors that must have made this
possible.

People buying a mid-to-high range laptop should definitely take
a look at this one.

Regards,
Gora