On 03/26/2011 10:52 AM, Abhinav Sahai wrote:
I have an Airtel broadband at home. As per Airtel's FUP even unlimited plans
come with a 25GB cap on the usage.Even though i am on that plan since 8
months, since past 2 months after some 20 days i get a mail from airtel
saying that my limit has expired and speed goes down to 256 KBPS (from 1
MBPS).

25 GB ( bytes, not bits ) is quite a large amout of traffic to comsume in a single month, unless there is a lot of streaming, downloads of large media etc going on. At home, I seem to average about 18 - 21 GB a month, and this is including the fact that we do some streaming ( BBC's iplayer! in HD ) and i have internet radio running through the waking hours of the day.

Is there a way i can find out the daily usage on each machine through a
setup on a *single* computer?

Does the router/modem device have an snmp option ? that is the only way ( doing metrics at the edge ) that you are going to get accurate figures. Also might be worth making sure your neighbours are not 'sharing' the connections :)

- kB