Dear FOSSouls,

As we all know, popularity of any open source product over its
non-free counterpart is a big achievement for us. There has been an
unending trend of such products being acquired by non-free software
companies.

First we try open source, then we advocate for them and after sometime
we discourage their use because some non-free software company like
Oracle has now converted the very nature of that product from open
source/ open standard to proprietary.

We saw MySQL, Skype and now the next target can be VLC or even firefox.

Are we here to first love and then hate? Should I tell this to my VLC
installation that my love for it is till the point of its existence as
FOSS?

--
Mohit Singh