On 14-Jun-11, at 5:58 PM, Amar Akshat wrote:

Hello Folks,

I am in the process of writing a Dictionary based Password Generator Script.

So it will, randomly select any word from dictionary, and it will tweak
random letters in the word. And a few more operations as per policy.

I am using python. I need a file which would contain dictionary words
(without meaning). You can say i need a list of many words, they need not be
in alphabetical order. Does any one know or have any such text file ?

On most unixy systems there is a file called /usr/share/dict/words (or /usr/dict/words). Alternatively, you could look on this sort of site:

http://www.darknet.org.uk/2008/02/password-cracking-wordlists-and-tools-for-brute-forcing/

...but since the goal is to _generate_ passwords, then the ideal wordset is one with zero dictionary overlap with any of these lists. ;)

-Taj.