Hi,
I am not able to connect internet via TATA Photon plus haier CE100 usb
modem in UBUNTU 11.04.
I have got a TATA photon+ haier CE100 usb modem providing mobile
broadband service...
It has default username and password 'internet' (both are same).
I have tried through Network connection manager... do not show any
available connection... in my laptoop the modem didn't show any icon
on the desktop... when I run wvdial, it says that the modem is not
responding....
In the laptop, the modem is detected, and after ejecting it (as
suggested by some posts and also by the haier manual found on their
site), when I run wvdial, it tries to connect for sometime and then
shows a error message that the modem is not responding....

here is my wvdial.conf file...

[Dialer Defaults]
Init = ATZ
Init = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
Modem Type = USB Modem
Baud = 115200
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
Phone = #777
Username = internet
Password = internet
stupid mode = 1

output of wvdial before ejecting the modem:
--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.60
--> Cannot open /dev/ttyUSB0: No such file or directory
--> Cannot open /dev/ttyUSB0: No such file or directory
--> Cannot open /dev/ttyUSB0: No such file or directoryoutput of
wvdial after ejecting the modem:
--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.60
--> Cannot get information for serial port.
--> Initializing modem.
--> Sending: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
OK
--> Modem initialized.
--> Sending: ATDT#777
--> Waiting for carrier.
ATDT#777
~[7f]}#@!}!}!} }9}"}&} } } } }#}%B#}%}%}&)'[7f][0c]}'}"}(}"K
~~[7f]}#@!}!}"} }9}"}&} } } }
}#}%B#}%}%}&)'[7f][0c]}'}"}(}"[07]M~~[7f]}#@!}!}#} }9}"}&} } } }
}#}%B#}%}%}&)'[7f][0c]}'}"}(}"C[16]~~[7f]}#@!}!}$} }9}"}&} } } }
}#}%B#}%}%}&)'[7f][0c]}'}"}(}"}.}>~~[7f]}#@!}!}%} }9}"}&} } } }
--> Timed out while dialing. Trying again.
 pls guide me.
Thanks and regards,
Ajay Kumar
--
Technical Officer & PIO(RTI)
National Internet Exchange of India(www.nixi.in)
E-mail: ajay at nixi.in,P-mail: joinajay1 at gmail.com
Please don't print this email unless you really need to. This will
preserve trees on our planet.