On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 10:30 PM, Gora Mohanty <g...@mimirtech.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Vaidik Kapoor <kapoor.vai...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> * I think that the most important point that the people wanting to do
>   this need to address is why do they want to take over Freed.in. Please
>   do not see this as a dog-in-the-manger attitude: I would be most happy
>   to see a new lease of life for Freed.in, but would question whether
>   people have thought through the matter:
>   - IMHO, the time is ripe for a new event in India that can take
>     over what FOSS.in was doing in the last few years.
>
>     However, such a developer-oriented event has been far from the
>     focus of Freed.in, though Freedel was indeed close to this. IMHO,
>     people should consider whether they want to revive Freedel rather
>     than Freed.in.Or, start a new conference, hmm, let us call it
>     maybe noname-conf?

May be the minutes didn't captured the essence correctly. But the
general consensus on tracks were not the same developer oriented as it
was discussed in last few meetings. We finally decided to have two
parallel sessions with one dev oriented and another FOSS philosphy
oriented which may run couple of parallel workshops. Similar to what
we had in Freed.in/2007 .

> * I am also surprised at the fact that people seem to be ready to jump
>  into a major event without any lead-up. IMHO, a good plan would have
>  been to start with smaller, more-focused events, which let the organisers
>  gauge interest in such a developer-oriented event, and gain experience
>  in organising events. Why does it seem that this was not even discussed?

It was actually very fiercely discussed and narendra agreed on
connecting with some colleges to build up momentum through workshops
and session.

Warm Regards
Gaurav Mishra

# Blog: http://www.gmishra.com